What was once only two ways to reach people of interest there is now three.
- Paid - Boost
Organically is in reference to people that liked your page.
Virally would be people that share your post to their followers or those who seen their friend like your post.
Facebook started offering a paid boost feature May 23, 2012. This is a feature that allows you to promote your business page posts to targeted followers, their friends, and the people interested in your message. Since this roll out FB has been declining business page's and their organic reach despite your efforts to increase your page likes, and message.
The more people that pay for reach the less your posts reach the consumer organically. Because there is only so much room in the "Facebook News Feed". As a result what was once free is quickly becoming a paid reach.
- Write compelling topics that interest and encourage your post to be shared.
- If your business represents a website then give your facebook followers the worm, by hooking them to your website. Add a link to get them to visit your website to finish your compelling facebook topic.
- If your topic is interesting enough it will be shared, if it's not being shared ask a few loyal friends to share your topic in their comments. By tagging their name to the message: "Please help my reach by sharing this on your timeline".
- At the end of the post use a couple of simple hash tags that relate to the topic.
- If you are posting a video do not paste a URL from Youtube. While that is easy it's not as effective. Rather upload the video directly to facebook (Upload in MP4 format). Once your video is approved your can go into edit mode, and optimize the video by adding relevant title keywords, location and even select one of ten screen captured shots from the video.
- Align yourself with other facebook businesses or fans pages that have large followings. Ask them to share your posts to their followers. Perhaps, give them a shout out in your article or message.
- Retrieve the direct link to your post, share on your website, classifieds, place it in your signature section of your email, join popular forums that relate to your direction.
On these forums stay active and post your special links into that signature section also.
- Seek out facebook groups that allow you to market your message and share your post with these groups.
- And we do recommend that occasionally you pay to Boost a post. We have noticed that after a boosted post organically more of your followers do see your next post as well.
- Remember to ask your followers questions? Use the poll feature, create business milestones, share your own posts with your followers.
- Think outside the box, start routines, always learn and try something new.
- Open a bitly.com account convert your links to bit.ly links so you can measure the effectiveness of your promotional efforts.
Founder - WebMarketPower.com