Nintendo Nets Billions just days after releasing pokèmon Go
Pokèmon Go is certainly a rare phenomenon. I've seen this twice in my life, Pacman and Donkey Kong were mega hits, and everyone had their quarters stacked on the machines. Fights would breakout at the arcades, stabbings, theft and vandalism of these games were reported.
The difference is game developers, and Nintendo have evolved. They're much better now at creating addictive and engaging digital entertainment. With the decades of data collected of their loyal followers.
Gene Rodennberry produced an episode in season 5 called - THe Game
As soon as I seen this Pokèmon Go game, and it's effect on our population. It's clear to me how much of a visionary Gene Roddenberry was. It's truly remarkable to me how accurate and ground breaking Roddenberry is becoming as we leap toward the future he had already imagined and inspired... so long ago.
Star Trek Next Generation - Season 5 Episode 6 - The Game
5 Social Media automation Tips using IFTTT.com
IFTTT.com stands for "If This Then That" a basic programming term referring to one task command creates another. IFFTTT is a fantastic free tool that has simplified this programming between social media channels. Channels like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Blogger and more. These tasks IFTTT can sync are called recipes to help you automate daily social, and interactive tasks. Tasks that can sometimes be too daunting to manage in our daily lives.
These are my 5 best social media IFTTT recipes
Did you know?
Owning a restaurant is said to be the most stressful way to earn an honest dollar. A restaurant's success can hinge on anyone of a hundred elements that restaurant managers, staff, and the owner oversee.
Manager's must balance the cost of supplies, food, waste, turn of tables, and staff efficiency. Sadly, if anyone of these elements falls short it could be catastrophic for the success of the business.
The percentages of failure rate in the first year are all over the board, however, the most conservative number we found was about 55%. Most stats are showing an 75% to 80% failure rate in the first year. When we stop and think of the costs involved just to open the doors, it's clear that thousands of dreams a year in the U.S. are shattered, and that's heartbreaking statistic.
However, if anyone of us caught one of Gordon Ramsey's show's in the past it should be no surprise; right? Ramsey: Is more then a talented chef, he has built an empire out of trying to save failing restaurants. Now unlike TV it's not always the food that is the problem behind failing restaurants. In most cases it's reach, reaching and keeping customers. Letting know that your restaurant exists, and that you're a choice worth considering.
Affordable marketing solution's for restaurant success.
Sometimes by being immersed in the stress of the restaurant, can stymie the thought of areas that can be improved. Take-out, and food delivery is a totally undervalued asset in your arsenal. Remember Take-out is in addition to what tables you are turning over. Many restaurants tend to fail by not establishing a solid take-out menu or delivery program. Small restaurants limited on seating know the importance of take-out, and spend thousands per month pushing these services through print marketing, and through expensive ads on Radio and TV. Web market power's customizable smart mobile pages have effectively increased our clients sales by as much as 30%. That's 30% more revenue then we were receiving prior to our marketing solution. Web market power is a unique, and a extremely effective social media marketing program. Our programs show near immediate results from the day we launch.
How do the smart mobile pages work?
Let's take a look at one of our real clients this is The Dog House in Newport Beach, CA. The owner Jacob has been in the restaurant business for decades. But, this is Jacob's first business in a tourist area and he needed to increase his take-out revenue. Being across the street from one of the most popular beaches in Southern California, there walk in traffic is busy 5-7 months of the year. But, then sharply dies off in the colder season. So since he has very little take-out it has killed the winter business.
I personally visited The Dog House, and tasted the food. As Hotdogs and burgers go, the food is absolutely top-notch. In the Summer it's the tourists that primarily keep the business going. So, after this evaluation we needed to keep the locals coming in during the winter time. And our approach with The Dog House was unique in that we used his busy Summer tourist traffic to help push his Winter local business. The next phase was tapping into the direct mobile marketing with our coded smart mobile pages. We first design a online smart mobile friendly menu. Linked by the square bar code known as a QR code. (learn more here) Our graphic designers incorporate your business look and feel into these refrigerator magnets. Local's and beach rental patrons are given these refrigerator magnets to take home. This magnet, and QR bar code offers a direct link to his online Take-out menu. Patrons scan the bar code on the magnet, and the Dog House take-out menu now appears on their smart phone. Once they decide what they want to order they can just tap the call button on there screen to place an order. It can also be set up for text or email. All this without physically dialing any numbers, it's automatic.
How do we get started with a marketing program?
President - WebMarketPower.com
Jason M. Ring
Facebook Business page owners are furious
What was once only two ways to reach people of interest there is now three.
- Paid - Boost
Organically is in reference to people that liked your page.
Virally would be people that share your post to their followers or those who seen their friend like your post.
Facebook started offering a paid boost feature May 23, 2012. This is a feature that allows you to promote your business page posts to targeted followers, their friends, and the people interested in your message. Since this roll out FB has been declining business page's and their organic reach despite your efforts to increase your page likes, and message.
The more people that pay for reach the less your posts reach the consumer organically. Because there is only so much room in the "Facebook News Feed". As a result what was once free is quickly becoming a paid reach.
What can you do to improve your organic and viral reach?
- Write compelling topics that interest and encourage your post to be shared.
- If your business represents a website then give your facebook followers the worm, by hooking them to your website. Add a link to get them to visit your website to finish your compelling facebook topic.
- If your topic is interesting enough it will be shared, if it's not being shared ask a few loyal friends to share your topic in their comments. By tagging their name to the message: "Please help my reach by sharing this on your timeline".
- At the end of the post use a couple of simple hash tags that relate to the topic.
- If you are posting a video do not paste a URL from Youtube. While that is easy it's not as effective. Rather upload the video directly to facebook (Upload in MP4 format). Once your video is approved your can go into edit mode, and optimize the video by adding relevant title keywords, location and even select one of ten screen captured shots from the video.
- Align yourself with other facebook businesses or fans pages that have large followings. Ask them to share your posts to their followers. Perhaps, give them a shout out in your article or message.
- Retrieve the direct link to your post, share on your website, classifieds, place it in your signature section of your email, join popular forums that relate to your direction.
On these forums stay active and post your special links into that signature section also.
- Seek out facebook groups that allow you to market your message and share your post with these groups.
- And we do recommend that occasionally you pay to Boost a post. We have noticed that after a boosted post organically more of your followers do see your next post as well.
- Remember to ask your followers questions? Use the poll feature, create business milestones, share your own posts with your followers.
- Think outside the box, start routines, always learn and try something new.
- Open a bitly.com account convert your links to bit.ly links so you can measure the effectiveness of your promotional efforts.
Founder - WebMarketPower.com
My name is Jason, I am a web developer, online marketing expert, Social media enthusiast and the creative engineer behind the scenes here at WMP.
Whether, you select us as your web marketing company or not. I hope at least, our blog sheds some light in this ever changing whacky world wide web. Your thoughts on our writings are much appreciated, and to follow us; well that is our honor, and we thank you in advance.
Web market news
We keep tabs on the ever changing landscape of the webs SEO, SEM as well as the social media phenomenon. Our companies first priority is to help our clients reach increased success through creative marketing, SEO, and social media consultation.